- February 25, 2019
Hyalotim is a medical device designed for women for topical application in the vagina. The pessaries are packaged in the slots of the plastic film. Each slot is separated by perforations to allow the removal of one slot with the pessary from the rest of the blister. The pessary is removed from the slot by separating the sheets of film. After the pessary is applied into the vagina, it is molten to form a moisturizing and barrier gel.
After application, the pessary melts and dissolves in vaginal discharge. Released hyaluronic acid mixed with moisture multiplies its volume and produces gel layer on the surface of a vaginal mucous membrane. This creates a protective barrier and makes appropriate conditions for natural regenerative and protective mechanisms to activate. A protective film made by hyaluronic acid returns natural moisture, lowers inflammations and speeds up healing processes of damaged mucosa. Lactic acid lowers pH of the vaginal environment. Low pH (3.8 -4.2) is characteristic for healthy mucous membrane since it is unfavourable for the development of pathogen microflora and helps maintain the natural balance of vaginal microflora.
Hyalotim is intended for topical use in the vagina. It is used for moisturizing of vaginal mucous membrane in conditions accompanied by dryness of vaginal mucous membrane.
The product is especially intended for:
– prevention of vaginal dryness due to ageing, low estrogens, hormonal therapy or use of contraceptives;
– lowering and preventing problems with vulva and vagina accompanied by dryness of the mucosa, itch, redness,
inflammation or discharge;
– helping in healing processes of damaged mucosa after childbirth, gynaecological or surgical procedures and also after the loss of mucosa due to chemotherapy or radiotherapy;
– lowering the discomfort of painful sexual intercourse;
– maintaining appropriate vaginal pH